Tuesday, December 06, 2005
On the way to Corbyn beach, port blair one finds this wonderful spot on the hill, which is really picturesque. In fact one tamil film is also purported to have been shot on this locale for a song. Such exclusive spots are found in abundance in andaman and nicobar, one has to take their time off to discover the wonder of this isle.
Sunday, December 04, 2005
During a promotional event in Australia, Jennifer Hawkins' (Miss Universe) gown fell off while she was walking down a fashion runway.
Marriages are made in heaven. But so are thunder and lightning.
If you want your wife to listen and pay strict attention to everyword you say; talk in your sleep.
Marriage is grand -- and divorce is at least 100 grand!
Married life is very frustrating. In the first year of marriage,the man speaks and the woman listens. In the second year,the woman speaks and the man listens. In the third year,they both speak and the neighbors listen.
When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you canbe sure of one thing: Either the car is new or the wife is.
Marriage is when a man and woman become as one. Thetrouble starts when they try to decide which one.
Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking aboutsomething you say. After marriage, he will fall asleep beforeyou finish.
Every man wants a wife who is beautiful, understanding,economical, and a good cook. But the law allows only one wife.
Marriage and love are purely matter of chemistry. That is whywives treat husbands like toxic waste.
A man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished
Saturday, December 03, 2005
Friday, December 02, 2005
1. That ball went so high it could have got an air hostess down with it.
2. There is light at the end of the tunnel for India, but it's that of an incoming train which will run them over.
3. Experience is like a comb that life gives you when you are bald.
4. This quote was made after Ganguly called Dravid for a run and midway sent him back and Dravid was run out in the third test against the West Indies at Barbados.
"Ganguly has thrown a drowning man both ends of the rope."
5. Sri Lankan score is running like an Indian taxi meter.
6. Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than what they hide.
7. Wickets are like wives - you never know which way they will turn!
8. He is like Indian three-wheeler which will suck a lot of diesel but cannot go beyond 30!
9. The Indians are going to beat the Kiwis! Let me tell you, my friend, that the Kiwi is the only bird in the whole world which does not have wings!
10. As uncomfortable as a bum on a porcupine.
11. The ball whizzes past like a bumble bee and the Indians are in the sea.
12. The Indians are finding the gaps like a pin in a haystack.
13. The pitch is as dead as a dodo.
14. Deep Dasgupta is as confused as a child is in a topless bar!
15. The way Indian wickets are falling reminds of the cycle stand at Rajendra Talkies in Patiala..one falls and everything else falls!
16. Indian team without Sachin is like giving a Kiss without a Squeeze.
17. You cannot make Omlets without breaking the eggs.
18. Deep Dasgupta is not a Wicket Keeper, he is a goal keeper. He must be given a free transfer to Manchester United.
19. He will fight a rattlesnake and give it the first two bites too.
20. One, who doesn't throw the dice, can never expect to score a six.
21. This quote was made after Eddie Nichols, the third umpire, ruled Shivnarine Chanderpaul 'NOT OUT' in the second test at Port of Spain, T&T.
"Eddie Nichols is a man who cannot find his own buttocks with his two hands."
22. Anybody can pilot a ship when the sea is calm.
23. Nobody travels on the road to success without a puncture or two.
24. You got to choose between tightening your belt or losing your pants.
25. The cat with gloves catches no mice.
26. Age has been perfect fire extinguisher for flaming youth.
27. You may have a heart of gold, but so does a hard-boiled egg.
28. He is like a one-legged man in a bum kicking competition.
29. The third umpires should be changed as often as nappies and for the same reason.
30. Statistics are like bikinis… what they reveal is suggestive, what they hide is essential!
31. It is very difficult to kill a man who is hell bent on committing suicide!
32. He is as innocent as a freshly laid egg!
33. When you are dining with the demons, you’ve got to have a long spoon!
34. All that comes from a cow is not milk!
35. Just because a rose smells sweet, you do not use it in the soup!
36. The gap between bat and pad is so wide you could have driven a car through.
37. He is a wily fox. But, if we make the fox run, the chicken will become hen.
38. You cannot ride a seat-less bicycle without getting blisters on your bums.
Monday, November 21, 2005
Space images taken by NASA reveal a mysterious ancient bridge in the Palk Strait between India and Sri Lanka. The recently discovered bridge currently named as Adam´s Bridge is made of chain of shoals, c.18 mi (30 km) long.
The bridge´s unique curvature and composition by age reveals that it is man made. The legends as well as Archeological studies reveal that the first signs of human inhabitants in Sri Lanka date back to the a primitive age, about 1,750,000 years ago and the bridge´s age is also almost equivalent.
This information is a crucial aspect for an insight into the mysterious legend called Ramayana, which was supposed to have taken place in tredha yuga (more than 1,700,000 years ago).
In this epic, there is a mentioning about a bridge, which was built between Rameshwaram (India) and Srilankan coast under the supervision of a dynamic and invincible figure called Rama who is supposed to be the incarnation of the supreme.
This information may not be of much importance to the archeologists who are interested in exploring the origins of man, but it is sure to open the spiritual gates of the people of the world to have come to know an ancient history linked to the Indian mythology.
Friday, November 18, 2005
After Tsunami s Recovery Process : The best laid plans can go awry. We undertook a trip to andaman islands from 6th Nov upto 12th Nov2005. The most important part of the trip was the lurking fear of earthquakes and cyclonic storms. It is really appreciable that people who were affected by the giant tidal waves were mostly residing, unauthorised at Nicobar islands. The tribals heeded to the warning of the nature and moved into the hills where the effect of waves were minimum.
We were lucky to meet some of the survivors of the Tsunami, one boy Shine who was enterprising, to the extent that he had saved up more than 3 lakhs for the family dealing with DVD s. He had a miraculous escape from the Tsunami wave, first time he jumped on to a building, after the first wave he came down thinking the effect was over. Second, time he saw the wave thundering and he managed to climb a pine tree. The tree was fiercely rocking and the second wave subsided, but he still hung on anticipating 3 rd wave which did come with ferocity, it wiped clean all remanents of the civilization on the shore, and Shine escaped with pine tree saving his life.
Saturday, October 29, 2005
GANGULY - PREDICTAMENT
Winning in style and comprehensively has now become forte of Dravid. Many had criticized Dravid to be wall incapable of scoring quick runs. He has disproved the critics, by scoring a quick fire 85 at Nagpur. Others, considered Dravid as too very predictable and non-aggressive, which again was disproved with Pathan,s promotion, Shewag s early utilization as bowler to break partnership and introduction of debutant Shreesanth. Dravid s team once again proved their team work at Mohali, by inserting the opposition in. Many an experts viewed it as defensive move. Well it was cameo move considering the dew factor. Of course, dew factor had favoured Indians greatly in the last world cup match against England. It is the ability to take risk and make the series interesting. Ganguly messed up a life time opportunity, in Zimbabwe when he raised controversy against the coach. He claimed that he was totally physically fit and then recanted to tennis elbow injury. Again as a good team member he should have been watching his team members playing. He could have become a part of commentary team of Fourth Umpire and proved his sportiveness. Ganguly, if selected now only will create unionism in the Indian cricket team and destroy the secular structure and merit. Now the selectors have taken a safe strategy, by postponing the issue by not breaking the winning combination.